Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chilly Night + Friends + Spiked Cider =

A perfect fall evening!



Last night I had a great night in with friends - we ordered take-out, watched Young Frankenstein (Gene Wilder's hair is the best hair in the history of hair.) and sipped hot spiked cider.


Now I'm not a phenomenal cook (hence the take-out), but I do consider myself to be a pretty competent mixologist (excuse the douchery of that statement). This cider was really easy to make, and I'm looking forward to trying it with different variations in the coming chillier months!


Hot Spiked Cider

Ingredients:
2 quarts apple cider (I used Knudsen)
6-8 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
4 shots apple brandy* (I used Calvados)

Optional garnishes: apple slice, orange twist, nutmeg, whipped cream...

*You could easily substitute rum, bourbon or even schnapps for brandy.


Directions (CRAZY EASY!):
Heat cider in a large pot with cloves and cinnamon. Pour a shot of apple brandy into each glass, garnish  as desired, and fill with hot cider.


ENJOY!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment