Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello!

Welcome to Yellow House Handmade! I'm Erin, and I love paper and ink and glue and twine and the things that happen when all of those come together. I'm a creator, a business owner, and a writer. I love making things with my hands, particularly paper things, but also food, jewelry, shadow puppets, etc. I hope to show you some of those handmade things on here, and I truly hope you'll enjoy them.

This fall started a season of major transitions for me. About two months ago I left my full-time job to pursue a path of independence and self-discovery (and moderate impoverished-ness), kinda like an artsy crafty version of my man Henry David Thoreau. So far it's been amazing; September marked the re-birth of my design gene, in the form of an Etsy shop: http://yellowhousehandmade.etsy.com, a couple freelance graphic design gigs and my first craft fair(!!!). Sometimes I go outside, too!

I think "write a blog post" has lingered on my to-do list since the beginning of fall, though, as it's seriously one of the hardest things for me to wrap my head around. Does anyone give a shit about paper-y things like me? Do I care? Some things we may never know. This I do know: my last serious attempt at blogging is an unfortunately still-existent LiveJournal last updated in 2004 - my username was "miss misery" and my last blog post was called "Gollum for president". That'll make you want to stay away from the internet for a little while.

ANYWAY, I'm really excited to be back at it! I'll leave you with a taste of some newer projects, which I'll hopefully be debuting at a couple holiday craft markets in LA. They double as greeting cards and wearable charm necklaces.



xxoo!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment